1. OK, first things first: He was so fucking funny as Smithy in Gavin and Stacey.
If you haven’t seen the show yet: Watch it!
3. He was the best friend Gavin could’ve asked for.
RIP the best show ever.
4. Then he took America by storm on The Late Late Show, and made this: The greatest piece of video that has ever existed.
I mean it’s all about Michelle and Missy, but James was a great sidekick.
He puts everyone at ease in Carpool Karaoke so they can just go for it.
5. It’s not just Carpool, though. James’s sketches on the The Late Late Show are utter brilliance.
6. He has a relationship with 1D that can only be described as unfair.
This is exactly what we’d do to Louis.
7. His love of Take That is very endearing.
8. If that’s not enough, he’s also an award-winning actor.
He was brilliant in the play One Man, Two Guvnors.
9. And you need to see The History Boys if you haven’t already.
BBC Two Films
10. He’s not afraid to make a fool of himself.
Like the time he did this with Iggy Azalea.
16. And he was a proper hero when he defended Kim Kardashian after her terrifying burglary ordeal in Paris.
18. And he always makes time for his fans.
19. His tribute to George Michael put into words what we were all thinking.
Becky Barnicoat is writer and illustrator for BuzzFeed and is based in London.